Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Garland, and a UFO/WIP

Here is a picture of the garland I mentioned yesterday, in situ.  I wasn't sure how I was going to repair it after the bug ate through the green part, but the fix is very satisfactory.  No one would even know it was there.  Actually, it isn't even in this picture...

And here is a tantalizing view of an old quilt that I decided to tackle and get finished once and for all.

Unfortunately, I have decided that the quilting will have to be made up of at least some concentric circles.  Not my favorite thing to quilt, and I'm going to be very happy when that part is done.  I don't see any alternative but that I will be wresting that big (for me) quilt around and around in my sewing machine.  Even doing free motion, I still have to turn it.  Sigh.  But it will be the right thing to do, so I will stop complaining now.
I can either take it in small bites, or try and get it done in one day.  Or both.

1 comment:

Marina Louw said...

I would choose the small bites option - can't wait to see the finished quilt!